Download Client: http://www.uoforever.com/download.php
Login Information: login.uoforever.com 2599
MIRC Chat: server - irc.lightirc.com port - 6667 channel - #uoforever or join through the web client http://www.uoforever.com/chat/
Community Forums: http://www.uoforever.com/forum/index.php
The mechanics and time period of Ultima Online Forever most accurately represents the Renaissance (UO:R) time period which is around publish 15/16.
Ultima Online Basics
• UO World Map: http://wiki.game-master.net/map/
• Skills can raise to 100 (Grandmaster) and certain skills can be raised to 120 with the use of a power scroll. There is a total skill cap of 700 so most complete templates will have 7 skills at the grandmaster level.
• Using a power scroll can push your skill beyond the 100 mark and beyond the 700 skill cap however this is only for crafting skills and does not unbalance pvp.
• There are three main attributes (strength, dexterity, intelligence) that can be raised to 100. The stat cap is 225 distributed between the three attributes. A common stat set up for a mage in this era would be 90 str 35 dex 100 int (225 stats).
• Ultima Online is a full loot game and all of your items with the exception of blessed items and runebooks and spellbooks will drop. For this reason it is important to visit a bank often so you never put yourself at risk of losing a lot of gold or items.
• Ultima Online is a FFA PvP game meaning you can be attacked by any player. Inside town you are protected by guards and are safe but once you leave town anyone can attack you. Player killers will have a red name as opposed to a blue one.
Ultima Online Forever Information
• Upon entering the world you will have a (Young) status next to your name. This will hold for 10 in game hours. As a young player, you will not lose any items that you hold but you can still die. This is to teach people about death before it counts.
• A new account holds a welcome bag with 500gp, a suit of leather armor, 50 of each reg, and 100 bandages.
• A person is granted 10 second looting rights when doing the majority of the damage to a monster (you can loot it but the body is blue and you will flag criminal). After 10 seconds the loot goes to FFA looting rights.
• Players can train a skill up to 50 points with a cost of 10 skill pets per 100gp at an NPC.
• Dungeon skill gain is 45% faster, and if using a skill against an NPC skills gain 25% faster.
• Skill gain is penalized in town with a -25% penalty, however, in the wilderness this penalty is gone.
• Skill gain penalty does not apply to crafting
• Training in dungeons against monsters is your best bet for fast skill gain.
• There is a young player dungeon that can only be accessed by young players
• When purchasing from an NPC you do not need gold in your bag it will take the gold from your bank. • When buying bulk items such as reagents from an NPC the contents will go to your bank.